Male

Male
Media: Copic Ciao Markers, Faber-Castell pencils, Pilot G-TEC 0.3mm black fineliner and Quill white A4 Multiboard
Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes

It's a rare thing for me to draw a male fashion illustration since first of all, I've been criticized that my male models look way too feminine and second, I have little to no clue about the male fashion world. I only know one or two current trends for men, and because of that, I had a hard time designing the outfit, concerned that it might end up looking like clothes more suited for women than for men.
I admit, I need a lot of practice with male faces, with the body and with the clothes they wear. Obviously there is a distinct feature in garments that are for men and not for women, and vise-versa. I am yet to do some studying and further research to enhance my knowledge and skills.
Meanwhile, I decided to give it a practice since I've been asked quite a few times to create a tutorial on the male figure. I would like to, but I still have a lot to learn on that area, and unless I am confident on drawing men, I won't be making that tutorial yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment