Flower Crown

Self Portrait 1940

Flower Crown

Media: Copic Ciao Markers, Touch Twin Markers, Faber-Castell pencils,
Pilot G-TEC 0.3mm black fineliner and Quill white A4 Multiboard
Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes








I love the look of flower crowns, not so much wearing it on a casual days. There's something elegant yet a little playful with having flowers in your hair. So I decided to create a fashion portrait that celebrates the beauty of flower crowns on women. An inspiration for this was Frida Kahlo, an artist I completely adore. Her life wasn't quite a fairytale and her works conveyed that properly which is always entrancing to look at, and at times I have to admit, quite disturbing. Nonetheless, I love the symbolism she used to capture a meaning and a story in her paintings that only she can truly understand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment