Philippine Culture

Philippine Culture


Media: Faber-Castell pencils, Pilot G-TEC 0.3mm black fineliner and Quill white A4 Multiboard
Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes

For my Visual Communication and Design class, we were told to create two folios and it was completely up to us what we wanted to design in each folio. I chose fashion design for folio 1 and architecture in folio 2. It was a fun project, but I wish I had more time to make my folio better. It's sad to say that the fun only really lasted a while. Once the teacher confirmed the date of our submission, it was a tragic journey from there on.
This is one of the three designs I created. It was inspired by the Philippine culture with the Santo NiƱo festivals and celebrations. I was influenced by the costumes that the dancers wore which reflected the religious beliefs of most Filipinos. I've been in love with the combination of red and yellow/gold for a while now, and I couldn't resist not using the combination as the colour palette of this design.
I also added some current fashion trends that I am in love with at the moment such as the black stiletto heels with ankle straps, as well as the milkmaid braids. I would definitely love to see this design come to life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment