Let's Save the Bees...

I stopped in Anthropologie the other day because a friend of mine told me that they had paper bees in their newest display. So, of course I get in the car and drive over to see them. I didn't find paper bumble bees. But I was so drawn to their "bee" theme. They had potted lavender, A display from floor to ceiling of honey, fields, books on bees and old flea market finds of bee props. The sweetest was packaged lavender seeds with a handmade tag that said
"Save the Bees"
photo above from Eva's Etsy, handmade dish towel.

Bee Hive window display at Anthropologie in NYC
Photo courtesy from flicker
Sure enough, this morning as the sun welcomed me with it's warmth I look down in my lavender plant and find this friendly little bee. I never knew that lavender is the main flower bees are attracted to. I think I will have to plant some more!
I'm sure most of you know how never is the history of humanity have we seen so many bees die. I know, it's sad. But this morning when I found this little bee it put a smile on my face. And it does feel good knowing I planted that just for him. I hope you can find a little place in your garden and experience the same thing I just did. ;)
Bee Bolster from The Shabby Nest's Etsy
Hope you all have a wonderful week! xo - Noel

0 comments:

Post a Comment