Five things you didn’t know about…

number5_copy

Kathy from Creative Home Expressions has a new weekly feature on her blog.

Called “Five things you didn’t know about …” she has tagged 5 fellow bloggers with answering 5 questions, and I am honoured and excited to be one of them.

So, here goes….

Favourite music at the moment:

Tough question – music has been a major part of my life since childhood. My parents always had music on and I grew up with the likes of Nat King Cole, The Ink Spots, Pat Boone, Sara Vaughn and more. The Garrard stereo console was never without a spinning vinyl disk. My Dad played guitar at parties and campfires, and we all sang along to 8-track tapes during those long car rides to summer vacation destinations.

musicnotes223

These days I like to listen to all types of music – country, rock, oldies, jazz, blues and more. Apart from my hubby’s music (he writes his own songs), my favourite music right now would have to be along the lines of Norah Jones, Adele (who I discovered through another blogger – except I can’t remember which one ;( ), Corinne Bailey Rae, Dawn Tyler, etc. Easy listening and soulful.

If you didn’t live where you do, where would you live?

This one is E-A-S-Y!

pond

A tropical island somewhere (like this one owned by Johnny Depp in the Bahamas) with a powdery white beach with all of my family and friends and a sailboat at the ready!

Favourite cocktail:

847034840_cmin_lgEasy - new one I just found in a Bahamas insert in the latest Conde Nast Traveler magazine – called “The Bahamas in a Glass” (by chef Kent MacDonald of the Runaway Hill Inn’s restaurant on Harbour Island) (are you sensing a theme here??):

  • 1 oz white rum
  • 1 oz Ricardo coconut rum (although I used Malibu Rum)
  • 1 oz Myers or Bacardi Select rum
  • 1/2 oz apricot brandy
  • 6 oz pineapple juice
  • 2 oz orange juice
  • 8 oz ice
  • Splash of grenadine

Shake, and float a dash of dark rum on top if you dare. Serves two.

This is followed closely by the Strawberry Daiquiri with Baileys instead of rum, which I tried last week with Kelly from Design Ties.

Best advice you ever received:

Another tough one. I am blessed with many good friends in my life, including a group of 7 women who are my trusted and loved support group.

girlfriends

We are in constant contact and provide each other with sounding boards and mentorship when necessary and great friendship ALL the time. They have provided me with many pieces of advice over the 30 years of our friendship.

Best piece of advice from my gal pals would have to be to trust my instincts and follow my heart.

Person you most admire:

Easy. This is definitely one of my good friends, who, although she suffers from MS continues to amaze me with her positive attitude and unbelievable sense of humour. She ROCKS!

6a00d8341c719553ef00e55018e2d88833-800wi

There you have it .. now head back to Creative Home Expressions and learn Five things you didn’t know about some amazing bloggers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment