Decorating/Designing Software

I spent an hour this week listening to and watching a webinar with Chief Architect, the developers of Home Designer software that is sold in various versions from basic commercial use to full blown professional architectural use.

I purchased the basic commercial use version last year on a suggestion from an instructor in the Residential Decor program I took. I have only used it a couple of times, but found it to be a great package that gives you many of the features of an CAD program for a much smaller price tag. The webinar provided me with a review of the creation of a house plan for a 3 bedroom bungalow with a full basement.

It seems to be a great tool to provide your clients with a 3D view of interior and exterior reno's or decor changes, as you can select brand name furnishings, fixtures and finishes ... to name a few... I am planning to test it on the deck planning for our new hot tub.

I'd love to hear from fellow decorators....

  • Do you use a software package
  • If so, which one and why?

0 comments:

Post a Comment